Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Good things, bad things

Everyone,

Juice is in Chicago until Thursday. I thought I'd do a post on the good things about having him gone, and the bad. Let's start with the bad first.

BAD:
  • I am a single parent. Boy does this make me tired. I am amazed at the single working moms whenever I have to go through this. It's a lot of work!
  • I have to drop Juice off at whatever major transportation sight he is leaving from. This often includes us getting up at 5am to take him somewhere. Sometimes I hate having only one car. But really, it makes no sense for him to pay for parking when I am still in the area.
  • He gets to go places I don't. Apparently Chicago has a big German Christmas Market and he intends to do some shopping there and do a little sight seeing while he is in Chicago. Why can't I have a company that pays me to go travel...let alone pays for the travel! I have only driven through Chicago and would love to see it from somewhere else besides the interstate.
  • I miss him. It's hard to have only a 2 year old for company sometimes. I get lonely. And I get a little cross at Butterfly because she asks the same questions over and over and over. Oh the repetition! I have also not been sleeping well the past few weeks (bad dreams about the miscarriage...we should have had the baby by now) and I wake up and snuggle up to Juice to make me feel better. I'm hoping I'm so tired while he is gone it's not an issue.

GOOD:

  • I am the sole parent. I get to decide when we do things, how they are done, what we do, etc. It's really no different during the day but at night and especially at bed time, things are different.
  • Juice is not around to wind up Butterfly. In the evening he thinks it's fun to get her running through the house and screaming right before bedtime. He says it burns off energy. Since he is in charge of bed time, I let him do this. But all I can say is that it did not happen tonight, and Butterfly was in bed at 7:45pm and is very quiet and yawning instead of yammering and yelling.
  • I don't feel like cooking. It's hard enough trying to come up with lunches for just me and her, that I just give up on dinners. We go out to eat every night, or every other night depending on what we bought. Tonight we had burritos. Yum!
  • I get to watch all the girly movies I want. Bring on Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, The King and I and all other heaving bosom/musical movies that Juice hates and refuses to watch/be in the same room as. Tonight: Persuasion! SO CUTE!

In ways he gets a little break, and I do too. Well, after Butterfly is in bed anyway. We always feel a little more refreshed after a short break like this. But I still can't wait for him to come home. Now, on with the show!

Safire

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO lucky that I get to tag along on ElCid's trips! I didn't back when my kids were younger. The awful part is January 1st thru April 15th. Being a single parent for 3&1/2 months straight is always enough to do me in! I have a few guilty pleasures I indulge in when he is gone 14+ hours a day.Good Luck & have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand! I feel the same way when Dale travels. There are +'s and -'s, but it usually is a good break in the schedule. Good luck and enjoy watching all those girly flicks!

    PS--I've "tagged" you...Sorry! ;) Check out my blog to see what it is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!!! Next time you watch Persuasion, CALL ME!!! I will come and keep you company :o) It's definitely my favorite JA book, and it's up there with P&P as a movie... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller