Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, November 09, 2007

Sweetie Pie

Everyone,

Butterfly took a 3 hour nap today which is why she is still awake at 10:15pm. At least she is a good girl and stays in her bed for hours at a time. And now that I've just posted that, she will be up. Isn't that always the way things go?

Butterfly is a really sweet little girl. She is just so cute. Especially when you are reading a book to her. She would seriously sit all day long and listen to you read if you were inclined to read 8 hours straight. Today we read The Cat in the Hat (at least 4 times), The Foot Book (first time for Juice. I have the thing memorized.), assorted Wild Baby Animal magazines that she gets, Bears in the Night, Snow White, Hand Hand Fingers Thumb, Dr. Seuss's ABCs, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, and Chicken Little (two times).

She makes reading to her so much fun. She snuggles up to you, gets as close as she can and really is engaged. Even if it's books she's read over and over. And even if she can recite the whole book to you. She really loves to hear it over and over. Occasionally she will put her arm around my neck, pull my head down, give me a kiss, and say, "Thanks for reading Mommy." If that doesn't want you to read more, I don't know what does. She will also say, "I love you" or "I love this book" as well. Sometimes she wants me to put my head on her shoulder like she does to me. That makes reading a little harder and more uncomfortable, but she seems to love it.

What a sweetie pie we have. It's moments like these that really make me happy I am a mom. And I am her mom.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller