Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Juice the mad scientist

Everyone,

This afternoon, while Butterfly was napping, I decided to take a nap. I curled up on the couch and soon conked out. Only to be woken up about an hour later to Butterfly sobbing in her room. I was so groggy I couldn't figure out what was going on and why Juice was not going to see what was wrong. He was working in the room next to her.

I took my groggy self upstairs to hear the wailing getting louder and louder. And I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed because I poked my head in where Juice was working and said, "Don't you hear the baby?"

He looked at his computer screen a few more minutes, clicked a few more times, turned his body around before his head, and said, "No, why?" At this point I stalked out, flung open Butterfly's door and said hello. She was crying because she couldn't find a book (kid, you have at least 6 others in your bed...won't they work?) and once I found it, she was fine. I went and stalked into my bedroom to count to 10, and heard her crying in the office with Juice. Once I calmed down, I went to see what was the matter and she wouldn't talk to me. Juice is eye deep in a project they have given him so he won't come into work. (Yes, his work basically told him to stay home until he either stops coughing or has been on antibiotics for 48 hours. They do NOT want pneumonia going through the office!) He has such great powers of concentration that he barely moves when he's working. That's why I say he can out wait a glacier.

I wonder if it was hard for his mother to get him to stop playing and come to the table to eat when he was little. Although thinking about his appetite, she probably didn't. These powers of concentration are nice when he's thinking about me. :) Just not when he misses the world go by.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller