Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Utah Day 1

Everyone,

I thought it would be a good exersize to post every day while I'm here in Utah.  So here I am!  It's almost midnight (which means my body thinks it's 2 am...I am dead beat) I'm dedicated huh?  Very tired so airplane highlights in bullet form.

  • Pirate did not sleep one wink on the plane until we were landing.  Literally.
  • Professor was either sleeping with my Aunt or charming the flight attendants.
  • I got MANY bad looks from people when they cried.  From other mothers even!
  • They did not cry for long, except when the drink cart was in the way of us switching babies and boy did Professor want his mommy!
  • Butterfly watched the same movie twice.
  • She drained my lapple battery.
  • We then moved on to notebooks and crayons which lasted 2 mintues and we landed.
  • She spilled 2 cups FULL of orange juice.
  • Not on her.  Poor floor.
  • We did the tour of public bathrooms.
  • She does not like the toilets that flush themselves and leaps up when someone next to us flushes.
  • It made for some interesting bathroom trips.
  • I miss Juice.
  • And I miss Soot and my house.
  • But I'm happy to be here with my parents.
  • I met my new nephew Cappy and he is so cute!
  • I no longer view Utah as my "home".
  • It's hard to cram 3 car seats in the back of a mercedes.
More tomorrow.

Please go comment on my dad's pay it forward contest!  (Can you believe that's the only thing I forgot to bring?!)

Safire

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it! I was thinking of you today while I sat on another plane headed to the same airport. It is good to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 AM

    Awww...I always make a point of smiling at moms on planes with kids so that they see at least one friendly face who's not annoyed at them. I'm glad you made it safely...have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah -- glad you got there safely. We are getting ready for our trip back -- hopefully it will go smoothly too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're here! How fun. I'll send you an email with my contact info and you can call me when you're not busy. We HAVE to hang out. It's been how many years now?? Over 7 since I've been married that long! Too crazy.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller