Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, August 01, 2008

Ahhh...help!

Everyone,

That is a sigh of relief in the title, not a scream for help. We have help again! My wonderful cousin is here for about 2 and a half weeks. She is 15 and so fun and cute! We're going to call her Bee on here. Anyway, it's been so nice to have another set of hands, although Pirate screams bloody murder whenever she picks him up. I think it's a combination of a few things with him. (I'll get into it later.) And Professor is happy as long as he's full and someone is holding him.

Today we went to a park with my mom's group. One of our members had moved away and was here visiting and settling on her house. So we went to the park to visit with them and let the kids play. Butterfly was so cute. At one point all the girls were in the train, she found me, got a huge smile on her face and said, "Mommy I'm playing with all my friends!" She was so happy. It was so cute. I like that friends are starting to be a big part of her life.

Wednesday night I was able to go out with the ladies in my church and have a nice dinner and some kid free swimming and conversation. It was great. Just what I needed. Although I did worry about leaving Juice with all three kids. He did fine and there was no one crying when I walked in the door. Little did I know that Professor was breathing in between screams when I came in. Still, he was easily calmed and I was happy to be home.

On Thursday, we had a dentist appointment in the morning. It was fun to show off the boys to our dentist. She is very nice. I got x-rays, the first time in about 18 months. And I have a cavity. Yay. It seems like every time I go to see her I am either pregnant or I have a cavity.

From the dentist, I had to rush off to the airport to pick up Bee since her flight was about half an hour early. Apparently they had a good tailwind. Juice had another bout of 3 kids and no mommy. I walked right up to her at the baggage claim and we walked right back out to the car. We hit a little bit of traffic on the way home but nothing the HOV lane couldn't fix.

By the time I got home, Pirate had had enough! Where was his mommy! He spent most of that night plastered to my side wanting to nurse. Poor kid. And Professor was grumpier than normal. Butterfly took right to Bee after a moment of shyness. She keeps saying that Bee and Flower are her best friends.

Oh, I hear someone waking up so I have to go. Pictures soon! And the other contest!

Safire

3 comments:

  1. How NICE that Bee is there with you. What a husband you've got, to watch the kids while you have some time to yourself. Wednesday night was fun! I'm glad you came!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!Yay!Yay! I'm so happy to hear you have another set of hands! have lots of fun and get some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are SO LUCKY to have such a wonderful helpful family!!! Im so glad for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller