Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Utah Day 8- Sunday!

Everyone,

We have been here a week now and we're having a ball! This morning I surprised myself and was able to get everyone dressed and ready for 9am church with my mom. Okay, we were about 10 minutes late, but that's still really great. My mom's church is right next to the new Draper Temple (as in they share the parking lot when it's finished) so we sang several rounds of "the temple song" for Butterfly. Now that I think of it, I should have taken some pictures. Maybe I'll go up there and do that since it's literally 4 or 5 blocks away.

I spent most of church in the mother's lounge (as I always do feeding babies) and it made me miss my own church. I was alone in this mother's lounge. At home, I think there are 5 of us nursing new babies and it's so much fun to go in there and chat. The only other mom that came in today was someone to change a diaper with an older child and she muttered under her breath to her 4 or 5 year old that he didn't need a diaper change, that daddy only said that to get them out of his hair. Wow, not something I would say to my child! Anyway, this mother's lounge has also sparked a desire to change the furniture in the mother's lounge in Maryland. I think I may be on the look out for free couches when I get back.

After church, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for some yummy turkey dinner. I ate my fill (no small feat right now) and sat down to feed a baby. 4 hours later, I finally woke up. Apparently I am tired. I did have a few baby swaps in there, but I mostly sat on the couch and slept. Butterfly played hard with Juice's old toys and he had a great time playing with her. She fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up being put in her bed. Or getting a night diaper put on her. Or anything.

We watched a movie with my sil and Cappy. Now, off to bed!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller