Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Party

Everyone,

Tonight was our church's Christmas party.  I was in charge of making 10 lbs of potatoes into mashed potatoes.  They turned out great, if I do say so myself.  But other people brought sweet potatoes, green beans, turkeys, pie, cookies, and mac and cheese.  What a feast!

We had a story, the kids did the nativity story, and Santa came.  Butterfly is not quite old enough to be a part of the bigger kids and their nativity story.  She will next year though!  I can't believe in about 3 weeks she is going to move out of nursery into the kid program.  Our little Sunbeam!  I'm sure I'll talk about that when it actually happens.

Anyway, she was old enough to join the stampede for Santa.  When Santa first came out, she jumped into my arms and wouldn't look at him.  But all the kids were so excited, I think she got swept up with the rest of the mob.  I was excited for her.  She actually sat on his lap this year (probably because I told her she couldn't have the present of the sucker if she didn't sit on his lap, only fair I think) and actually talked to Santa.  Santa was even good enough to hold both the boys AND Butterfly so we could have a picture.  Of course, I forgot my camera but I'm sure someone got it (Chef?) and will email it to me.  I know Mom, I will send it to you too.

It snowed and actually stuck last night!  I think we got maybe a fourth of an inch but we got some!  Butterfly and I took some time out to go and play in it.  So much fun!

The boys had pears and rice cereal last night and ate it like it was going out of style.  They also had tastes of mashed potatoes at the party and Professor had a suck of my orange.  These boys are getting so big!

Safire

1 comment:

  1. Pictures on the way! I got lots of cute ones! :) Thanks for taking pics for me during the program!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller