Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Blizzard 2010

Everyone,

You know how I was missing snow?  Yeah, not missing it any more.  From last night till about 5pm tonight it snowed.  And snowed and snowed.  Official total for today is 27 inches.  That's high enough to put the snow knee high on me.  I'm not sure how high it got on Butterfly because she kept diving into it pretending to be a mermaid.  It was around shoulder height for the boys.  Pirate followed Butterfly where ever he could.  Professor was happy to stay by Juice and the shoveled areas.  We spent a good 3 hours outside having a great time.  Yay for 4 pairs of socks and plastic baggies. 



Butterfly discovered that she could walk on top of the snow and made a slide back down the huge pile of snow that we have.  She can't wait to go back to it tomorrow!



The plow puts our circle's snow in front of our house.  It is higher than Juice's head...probably 7 feet in total.   We had fun putting the boys up at arms level and not holding them.


We've been joined by Lala and Butterfly's BFF Vinny and Mimi for the evening.  Lala's hubby is stuck at work and the power has been iffy so they came to spend the night with us.  The kids are BEYOND thrilled.  Should be fun.

More tomorrow!

Safire

6 comments:

  1. Yea...lots and lots of snow. I had to clean the deck 7 times for the doggies to go potty. At this time we cannnot get out the front door. But we have power and computers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom are we going to Computer Girl's house to play in her snow??? Says George with the pleading brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your street has been plowed already! Incredible!! We're living in the dark ages over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helloooo fellow Marylander! I see you all enjoyed the blizzard too. Very cute photos! We're still trying to dig out the cars, but the County still hasn't plowed our streets, so we're home-bound for a while longer. Sending warm thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is a lot of snow....a lot of snow my friend! Glad to hear you guys had so much fun in it! Snow can be that way as long as you aren't driving in it or you know, stuck at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Maryland too. In a town that's known for it's hot steamed crabs. I'm a lucky lady {:) And I suspect my church, which is not far from DC, is near you. We should chat. Would love to ge to know someone local. Stop by!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller