Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What a Day!

Everyone,

Professor woke up super early this morning.  They are normally not up until 7:30am or even 8am.  Today he was up at 6:30 ish.  Ugh.  Juice brought him to me in bed because he was headed off to work.  Professor smiled behind his binkie and pulled it out to talk to me.  He looked like he had been eating chocolate.  Guess he had a bloody nose in the middle of the night and it got caught between his face and his binkie.  Poor kid!  He was not happy to be washed off.  But I was not happy to be up so early!

Once everyone else was up, I changed every one's sheets.  The kids thought it was so fun to be in their beds after they had been pulled apart.  But changing 3 sets of sheets is exhausting.  I think it's worse because I am getting a cold and I am tired. 

I thought we could all use a day at home.  I had a ton of laundry to do.  I had a house to pick up.  So I get going with all of that.  Then I notice that I had not seen Pirate in awhile.  Huh.  I wonder where he is.  I sent Butterfly upstairs to see if he was up there and he wasn't.  So I went looking through the house.  No luck.  I start calling out his name.  I check outside.

No luck!  Now I start opening closets and checking under beds.  No luck!  I sent Butterfly outside to check and see if he got stuck out there.  Nope.  I am starting to panic!  What if he went outside and somehow got out of our fence?  What if he went outside and someone took him out of the back yard?!  What if he's stuck some where, hurt, bleeding, and unable to come when I call him?  As I'm standing by the back door looking around I heard a noise.  In a tiny tiny corner.  There he was!  He found a coloring book of Butterfly's and was quietly playing there all by himself.

Talk about giving me a heart attack!

In other good news, today is my Dad's birthday.  We got him a bendable tripod for his camera.  We had a good time talking to him on the web cam too.  I had to run off because of a church meeting, but it was good to see him.  Happy Birthday Dad!

Now I'm going to take some decongestant and go to bed.  Ugh...I hope this is not going to be a bad cold and I hope everyone doesn't get it!

Safire

3 comments:

  1. Darn! I'm sorry you're getting sick! It's probably from all of those last nights out lately. ;)

    By the way, did you see WHO visited our blogs today?? And who tweeted to us?? Yes, Celtic Woman!
    Celtic_Woman: Thanks for the lovely review of our show @1momof5! http://bit.ly/betterinbulkCW We hope @safirecat had as great a time too!

    I told them that you were thinking of going out to UT to see them again and this was their response....
    Celtic_Woman: @1momof5 Well that sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now you really have to come and see them again. That's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller