Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brain Fried

Everyone,

This morning I got up super early to help bag and receive my share of food from Share DC.  I always love going because the people are so nice.  I always get a good feeling after going there.  Today, another member of my church and I were in charge of the vegetables.  He put in the potatoes, the onions, the carrots, the lettuce, and I put in 4 apples and 2 grapefruit.  I also moved the full bags to the pass out tables.  We seriously rocked the time.  The vegetables got done before the meats did which I think is a record.  The other workers even commented on it.

On my way out, I talked to the guy who was in charge of this share.  We were joking around and I asked him if he ever thought of turning the order around.  Basically I got tired of walking from one end of the room to the other with full bags of groceries.  I thought if he started on the other side of the room, the bags would end up full right next to the pass out tables, instead of starting there.

A light came on in his face and he asked me really loudly, "Are you a brain surgeon?!  Because you are smart enough to be one!  Why didn't I think of this before!"

I can have some few good ideas in my life.  I guess this was one of them.  So by the time I got home this morning I was flying high on feeling good.  We rushed off to the hardware store and the grocery store.  They were having a grand re-opening with a bunch of samples at the grocery store.  Turns out my kids love brie, steak, bread dipped in olive oil, soup, chocolate (we knew that) and the little toothpick flags they stuck in everything.  I also got about $100 worth of groceries for $25 dollars.  I love coupons sometimes!  (Plus I won a $25 dollar gift card!  It was a very cool shopping trip.)

The rest of the day I felt buried in my computer.  But not just surfing the Internet like I normally do.  I'm helping out my brother with some kind of research project and I have a bunch of companies to look up for him.  Ouch this makes my head hurt!  It's due soon so I'll be spending all my free time in that.  It's not too bad, although I do start to have problems with the i's and the l's looking the same.

Off to bed for me!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller