Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow and Chocolates

Everyone,

Hey! Look what it did today!

SNOW. Again! Seriously, we've had a run with the snow this season. This has been the most snow Maryland has seen since 1899. And you can bet no one had plows back then. Or central heating. And probably rode around in sleds with tons of robes on their laps. The sleigh ride sounds fun, but not the other things.

Despite the snow, Butterfly had dance class today. We also met some friends at Tarjay for shopping and lunch. Yay, I feel like we're slowly getting back into normal life. At the store, I bought some Valentine's day candy and light bulbs. I was excited to have a big heart shaped box of chocolates all to myself during nap time.

I think I had 2 or 3 pieces (out of 12) and shut the box so I could enjoy a few more each day. Then the phone rang and I talked to my best friend Mink in Utah until I had to get Butterfly ready for dance class. Then we rushed out the door and got there on time.

About 6pm I get a call from Juice. He asks if I bought a heart shaped box of chocolates at the store. Why yes I did! Did he want some? Uh, no. Apparently, I left it on the couch in my rush to get Butterfly out the door. Juice brought the boys down from their nap and started to play on the computer. They were playing so nicely and quietly! But when he turned around...Professor was covered from eyebrows to chin in slimy black goo.

Guess who found my chocolate?! And ate it ALL? And guess who decided to drive their cars through what they smeared on the couch? Sigh...

Now I have to figure out how to get it out of my couch. And I have no chocolate to console myself with.

It's a sad, sad day.

Safire

PS- Also, I can't even go to the bathroom without Pirate climbing over the child gate and slipping outside via the dog door. I just keep putting him in time out in hopes that he'll get it and knock it off!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. That's all I've got for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:48 AM

    And no chocolate to console yourself with! Now that is tragic. Seriously. I'd send you some, but I think the mail has stopped delivering to Maryland because all of the mailboxes are buried in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the steamer to get out the chocolate. Steam it and then blot up the stuff.

    When you come visit, I will get you all the chocolate you can eat!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad to hear about that last night. What a tragedy! I'm glad you could at least have 2 or 3 good pieces. I've been stuffing my face with less-than-ideal chocolates.

    Ooh! I just got a caramel one! Score!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller