Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Arg.

Everyone,

I had a post all planned out about how I made rolls from scratch today (dry run for Thanksgiving) and how Butterfly is such a copy cat but she has just spent the last hour and a half screaming and shaking her crib because she doesn't want to go to bed. It has gotten me so frustrated tonight.

Butterfly has this thing with Soot's food. She really really really likes to touch it. And move it from the bowl to the floor piece by piece. We've started giving her time outs because of this. She had 2 today. After her last one, we sat in the kitchen chair and watched Soot finish her food. Butterfly was sobbing and hanging onto my hair. She kept pointing at the bowl and saying, "No!" And I would say, "That's right. We don't touch Soot's food." Finally she looked at me, said very clearly, "I don't touch Soot's food." Jaws drop here in MD. She then got down off my lap and hasn't gone near the bowl since. (Granted, it's only been a few hours and most of that she's spent in her crib but still.)

She's not even 18 months old yet and is starting to speak in full sentences.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller