Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Spin class

Everyone,

Last January, like most people, I made a resolution to get in shape. I figured I was healed enough from giving birth to try and loose some of the baby fat. Okay, I really didn't have any baby fat. I actually lost 30 pounds during my pregnancy. Yeah, 30. I was many pounds lighter at my 6 week post baby appointment than I was my first prenatal appointment. Hate me now? Sorry.

Anyway, I wanted to get a little more in shape. Especially since we were going to Hawaii and I wanted to look really good in a bathing suit. So I joined the local Y, and looked at their class schedules. One that kind of stuck out to me was spinning at 6am. I started taking it so Juice could be home with Butterfly and I could get back before he had to be into work.

My first class I thought I was going to die. Seriously, it was so hard! My heart was pounding, my legs were pounding, even my head was pounding. But I was determined. The second class was worse. I could barely make 10 minutes on the bike, let alone 1 hour. My butt was sore, my legs, my abs, everything. I was achy for days.

But then it started to get better. I started to actually be able to do what the teacher asked. I was starting to not be so sore for days. And I started to feel really good. I could tell when I missed a class because I had no energy that week. So I bumped it up to 2 classes a week. The teacher is hysterical, and has really good music. The other class members are a mix between old and young. I think I'm the only one with a small child at home.

Since I started babysitting, I haven't been able to go to my spin class 2 days a week. I just go on Thursday morning. I went today and I am tired. I haven't been for a few weeks, and I'm not going to be able to go for another 2 weeks (Thanksgiving and then Juice is out of town). But I'm so glad I went today. I feel like I can take on the world!

As long as I'm sitting down because we did a lot of dipping below the saddle today and I am SORE.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller