Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Boots

Everyone,


Yesterday evening, Butterfly and I were dancing to a CD my good friend Julia and I had made in college. It is a compilation of a bunch of really up beat country songs. See, Julia and I were avid country dancers at college. We would go faithfully every Wednesday night. And sometimes even Friday nights at the local club (only sometimes, Friday nights were my study nights). We never did dance much that year with partners. We lived to line dance! And we knew them all! We were almost always front row center and people would get behind us to watch the steps. The Boot Scoot 'n Boogie, the Watermelon Crawl, Cotton Eyed Joe. Ahh...I love those songs.


Sadly, I have forgotten most of the steps. Juice really isn't into line dancing and Julia lives 3000 miles away. But last night I turned up the volume and boogied with Butterfly. She had the best time. We jumped, we twirled, we shook, we hopped. She would point frantically at the cd player when a song was winding down and nod her head up and down. You want more music? Okay! Here we go!


There is a song on the CD called Whose Bed have your Boots been under. We weren't dancing at the time (I was getting ready to go to Mutual) and she disappeared. I finished putting on my makeup, and she arrived with her boots! My daughter is a genius and holy cow she understands things! Here she is trying to give me the boots.


In other news, we all went to the dentist this morning. No cavities all around. Butterfly was so interested in what they were doing that they are going to start cleaning her teeth in 6 months. Our appointment is on her birthday. Will she really be 2 in 6 months?!


Safire

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    awwww! *waxes nostalgic* I loved getting ready on Wednesday nights and turning our 'signs' on. Do you remember that?

    I still have my CD too! I used it for a while to put Piglet to sleep. (Any music with a beat used to work, not anymore.) But alas, I have forgotten most of the steps as well. Ammon's not a dancer either and I can't exactly drag Piglet along with me. I hope when she gets older she'll do the same as Butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller