Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Daylight hours

Everyone,

I hate that it gets dark at 5:15pm. In the summer, Juice, Butterfly, Soot, and I would all go on these long wandering walks around our neighborhood. We learned people's names through the houses, and enjoyed seeing the deer in the woods. Butterfly rarely wore shoes in the grass and we just enjoyed each other.

Now that it's so dark so early, I feel like we never get a chance just to hang out. Granted, we are a lot busier than we were in the summer. But I miss those long walks we took together.

I am listening to Juice putting Butterfly down over the baby monitor. Some sniffling on his part (stupid cold won't go away!) and some babbling on her part. Every now and then she pipes up with a "Mama? Mama?" I can just see her sitting up in Juice's arms asking that and then nodding her head. I hear a little "ohhhh...." as she realizes it's Daddy, and not Mama holding her. I know she loves to have me put her to bed but I have done enough for her today. Beyond the normal feed, clothe, change, and watch out for, I have also been shoved in the house (she wanted to play outside, alone. Okay then...) stepped on, slapped, shoved, hair pulled, and caught puke. In my hand. Lovely. I'm getting a much needed break from all the kid stuff.

Now excuse me while I go watch re-runs of Buffy and eat popcorn all by my self. Thank you.

Safire

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Wait? You watch Buffy? Really? I had no idea you were into that show. It's one of my favorites of all time! If there are some episodes you haven't watched and would like to watch, let me know and I'll bring them out to you when we come out in a couple weeks! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, I started to watch it about 2 months ago because you raved so much about it. I needed a new show (having watched all the Gilmore Girls at least 10 times) so I picked Buffy. It's cute, and sucked me in. I started at the end, right before Tara was killed and Willow went bad. Watched it through the end. Then they started the series over so I'm actually getting some of the stuff from the end. Angel has just been banished from Buffy's house and killed Miss Calander. Haven't seen past that.

    Don't worry about bringing them out when you come. I don't watch them when V is around (too violent I think) so we won't get much of a chance to sit and watch. Besides, I thought we were going to play some board games! :) Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Oh, man. You're into the second season and into the best part of the whole series IMO. You'll love what happens when Buffy tries to thwart Angel's devious plans to conquer the world.

    We're excited to come out too! And we're excited for board games. We never get to play them. Can't wait to see you!

    By the way, the fact that you watch a show just because I raved about it makes me feel pretty awesome. I love preaching the gospel of good entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller