Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Chatter Bug

Everyone,

Butterfly is a chatter box. She talks all day long. All. Day. She explains things to me. She reads to me. She yells at the dog, then sits down and talks to her. (So cute with Soot cocking her head like she is listening!) She tells Juice about her day when he sees her after work.

So what exactly does she say? I have no idea. It's still all a mystery to me what exactly she is saying. But she does say a couple of words clearly.
ball
duck
bird
Soot
music (muuuac)
up
downstairs (do sair)
milk (muk)
what's that? (wus at?)
that (at!)
bear
horse
spider (spudur)
NO (I hear this one the most)
car
truck
train
bug
dog
kitty
sticker
I want that. (yes, full sentences now)
I love Mama. (so so so so cute!)
nose
elbow
shoulder
shoe
sock
diaper
tissue
picture
Buzz (Buzz Lightyear)
Woody
Pinocchio (Ponono)
Nana
banana
more
bite
hot
ouch
uh oh!
please (pees)
coat
fish
book (I get this one a lot too.)
teeth

She will also say a few things that I haven't heard her repeat.
No, I threw it!
I want to go outside!
Here you go.
Hi there!
More please.
Thank you.
telephone
talk
ring
hand
knee
1, 2, 3, 4
cougar
ginsbuck (that's what we get for watching Animal Planet)
zebra
flower
camera
paper
Lucy's ball (a book we read about a dog and her ball, always followed by uh-oh because the ball is stuck)
cup
water
Jesus
I am a child of God
hair

She can now point out all the animals on this play mat we have, point to different numbers, point out various body parts (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, knee, elbow, foot, toes, fingers, head, hand, butt, etc.), she will pick up things when we ask, take things to us (give this to Daddy and she will), go get things (go get your shoes), and throw tantrums. She is a doll when she's good, so snugly when she's cute, and a complete terror when she's not. She thinks it's hilarious to talk on the phone, and we've had fun conversations with grandparents lately. Her biggest thing is to jump. Stairs, boxes, anything she can climb up on she tries to jump off. It's a little scary but at least she asks for our help if it's too high.


I can't believe she is going to be 18 months old next week. Where did the baby go?


Safire

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    yay for 18 months! Do you think she'll go to Nursery easily?

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller