Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Service call

Everyone,

It doesn't seem like a normal month unless someone comes by to check up on some appliance of ours. The dryer, being our biggest epic service call. Don't even get me started on that one or I start to get mad.

2 years ago, while I was pregnant with Butterfly, Juice and I went to a holiday party at a friend's house. When we got home, our house smelled a little funny but it was late and we went to bed. Got up, went to work, and came home to a freezing house. The heater bit the dust. Great. It was a week before Christmas and we were leaving the day after Christmas for Utah. A very nice guy rushed out to see us, proclaimed the thing dead (it was 30+ years old...I was surprised it was still working at all) and ordered us a new one. We spent a week in a freezing house (not unpleasant to the pregnant me) and a week in Utah. And then we had a heater a few days after we got back. Bliss ensued.

So the other day when I got a little postcard in the mail asking if I wanted a pre-season check on my heater, I thought sure! Let's catch any problems before we go another 3 weeks without heat in the house.

Service call made, a gold star was given to the heater, and they went. Ahhh...I love those types of service calls.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller