Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Butterfly and her thoughts on Thanksgiving

Everyone,

My daughter prays. It's so cute. She will stand at the side of our bed, fold her arms, bury her head in her arms, say "Heavenly Father, thank you. Amen!" (comes out more "Hev Faaaa, tank ooo, men!") It's so so so cute. And such a sweet little prayer. She asks for nothing. This has really struck a chord with me this past week as we come up on Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for?
Juice, I love this guy. :)
Butterfly, what else would I do with my day other than work at a job I don't like? She is my life. She made me the mother I always wanted to be.
Soot, this dog is so funny and cute! She is so obedient, and knows tons of tricks. I like to show her off.
Our house, as much as I dream about our permanent home, this one has been fantastic for us. We kind of fell into it at the perfect time.
Juice's job, they took him in when they really didn't know what to do with him because they paid for his undergrad degree. Since then, they've taught him about monitors, paid for his graduate degree, gives great benefits, and pays us enough to live on. Without his job, we wouldn't even be here.
My Internet connection, I talk to everyone on it. I'd give up cable before I'd give up my Internet connection.
My parents, they listen to me gush about Butterfly all I want, and all the good things parents do. :)
Family, I miss everyone. But I'm glad that I know they are always there for me, no matter what.

It's the little things that make life good. Now when I watch Butterfly scrunch up her little eyes and say tank ooo with gusto, I am reminded to say thank you myself.

Safire

2 comments:

  1. Its thanksgiving and there is fun and frolic all over but in all these merrymaking let us not forget the real purpose of the occasion. Lets all kneel and thank God for all that He has showered on us and for this beautiful life that he has graced us with. On this note I'd request you to visit my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and share the spirit and joy of the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean! I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller