Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blood work

Everyone,

Since Butterfly was 12 months old, her doctor's office has been bugging me to get her hemoglobin levels tested. They are basically checking her iron count to make sure she is not anemic. I kept putting it off, and putting it off. Really, I didn't want her to have this test. I don't think there should be any more poking going on than necessary. But her doctor's office kept calling. And calling. And then Juice went in for his physical and needed some blood work. Then I needed some blood work. So we all decided to go in today and make it a family thing. You should have seen the looks on the ladies' faces as they realized that we all needed some blood drawn.

We checked in, took a seat in the exam room and proceeded to get stuck. I went first, then Juice, then Butterfly. Juice and I had talked about it before and had decided that we weren't going to be worried and talk her through it. She was so interested in all that the tech was doing. How she cleaned it off, stuck in the needle, everything. When it got to be her turn, she sat without any fuss. The veins in her arm were too small to draw it from there, so she had to be pricked on the finger. No fuss, no cry. She watched calmly. As the tech was almost done, Butterfly decided that her toy was more interesting than what was happening and she started to play with that. We have the most awesome baby ever. :)

In other news, I got stuck at the mall this afternoon. They locked the doors so no one could get out or in because there was a stabbing in the parking lot. Yeah, a stabbing. Welcome to Maryland.

I'm trying to do my writing job over here and I'm having a rough time. Everyone needs to submit a question through Mom Answers so I can answer it!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller