Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day 1

Everyone,

Today starts the 30 days of posting from me. It's already 2pm in the afternoon, and I'm just getting to the computer for the first time today. It's been a busy busy morning! Let's recap...

1:30 am...I wake up to Butterfly screaming at the top of her lungs. I know she's screaming bloody murder because I have forgotten to turn the monitor on and her screams still woke me up. I groggily flopped over, discovered Juice was STILL playing his computer game, and everything went black.

3:30am...Again, more screaming. It's like she's reverted to her infant wake schedule or something. This time she doesn't go back to sleep, so I haul myself out of bed and stumble down the hall. On the way to her room, I discover Juice has kindly moved all the couch cushions right outside her room. With a pillow and a blanket, I haul those into her room and set up a bed while she screams. I hold her foot for at least an hour through the crib bars, and give up. I pick her up and we nestled down to sleep. Finally!

6:30am...I jolt awake and wonder where I am, then wonder where Butterfly is. She has crawled UNDER her crib and gotten caught. Light comes on, Butterfly is extracted, and we start our day.

6:35am...Breakfast. We're out of cereal so I'm eating her Cheerios. She eats most of the bowl.

7:55am...Juice comes downstairs mumbling something about Butterfly being a head jumper. I realize that I have fallen asleep and she went and got Daddy.

8:00am...Breakfast time for Juice. Butterfly is asking to eat so I make them scrambled eggs and cheese (Butterfly's favorite breakfast) and raisin bread toast. They even have orange juice.

8:28am...Shower, get ready. I'd like to be out of the door by 9:45am. Think it will happen?

9:51am...Out the door. Butterfly is asleep almost as soon as her head touches her car seat. I drop Juice off at work and head off to the local supermarket for my flu shot.

10:19am...Flu shot. It didn't hurt at all. The price did a little. Why is it 25 dollars? I talk to the pharmacist about my medication and buy Juice some deodorant. This whole time, Butterfly is asleep in her sling. I wonder what people think when I carry this huge child around strapped to me like that.

11:00am...I pull into our parking lot and debate about getting sleeping Butterfly out of her car seat. I opt for cookies instead, and she wakes up about 10 minutes later.

11:11am...Play time! The choice of toys today is her candy bucket from last night. I am slowly getting a peek of what she got. We went trick or treating down the main street in our town. They had a big festival with free food and entertainment. Fun!

12:30pm...Lunch. I make Butterfly's favorite, mac and cheese from the blue box. We also have apple sauce, milk, and cheese crackers.

1:30pm...I consider nap time but she is playing so well and having a ball. Toy of choice: dirty laundry.

2:00pm...Typing this. Butterfly is moving her dirty laundry from my bedroom to her room. Now she'd like to wear a jumper. Fun times.

Welcome to November!
Safire

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    crawled under her crib? yikes. she might like the idea of a big girl bed, or I'd like to hope so, for your sake.

    So much to look forward to... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am also doing the whole NaBloPoMo this year and came across your site! Good luck to you.

    I used to live in MD a few years back in Columbia, and I also want to see Assaeuteague (sp?) island too one day. I have heard stories about how pretty it is and all the wild horses there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweets,

    Sounds like the project management time entry that I have to do every day. You are one busy girl!

    Butterfly is a bundle of energy, wow! You are gonna have fun when she turns about 14. hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, I know! And I'm putting off the big girl bed until she's a little older...I like that she can wake up and not walk into our room and crawl into bed with us on her own. :)

    Moo Moo, thanks for stopping by! Good luck to your too. Maryland is a good place to live, and do get out to Assateague when you get the chance. Worth it!

    Dad, gee thanks. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller