Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Butterfly Sayings

Everyone,

Butterfly climbed up into my lap today and said, "Mama, I have something important to tell you."

(Happy that she left the calling me Mother behind) "Yes, honey?"

"There are a few things that I like best."

"Oh?"

"They are words. And when you put those words together they make my favorite things. Want to hear?"

"Sure."

"These are the words: Mama, can I watch a movie? Next favorite is, Mama, can I play outside? And then the next one is, Mama, can I play out in the snow? And then the very last one is the last thing that I like to do a lot that you don't let me do enough. Mama, can I play the Wii?"

"Those are all your favorite things huh?"

"Yes but you don't let me do them enough. Especially this one, Mama can I play out in the snow? That's the one that you don't let me do enough. I need to play out in the snow more!"

"Honey, I can't make it snow for you. We take you out in the snow when it snows here, but it doesn't snow every day."

"Why not?"

"It's just not cold enough here."

"Yes it is. It's too cold!" There was a big dramatic pause here while she had her thinking face on. I've learned not to say anything while she is 'thinking' otherwise I get yelled at. "Mama?" she asks. "Mama, maybe we better do the last thing I said."

"Play on the Wii?"

"Yeah, it's much warmer than snow."

Okay then. Guess we better find some snow games for the Wii for her. :)

Safire

4 comments:

  1. That's a smart cookie you have there. She's going to be a lot of fun in a few years. You are going to have your hands full. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a negotiator! Does she have the littlest petshop game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself wanting to buy her things.....how do you resist??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kelly, I know! I'm in so much trouble.

    @Valinda, no she doesn't! Is it something to look for?

    @Splats, the first time she said, "I love you Mommy" I thought....Aw! She's so cute! Can I buy her a pony?! I have a hard time saying no to her too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller