Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Frazzled!

Everyone,

I love Juice's job. I just hate it when they send him away. Sure he's working and earning money and all that jazz but he's not up until almost midnight picking things up, then up with small children for HOURS in the night, then back up with them for the day and expected to function! He sleeps in a hotel. By himself. He eats every single meal out. He speaks to adults all day long and looks at cool toys. He comes home with swag. He gets to read his book for hours uninterrupted in the airplane.

Can I please have a business trip?!

Seriously, today was fine. We had school over here today so Butterfly had someone to play with. It's F week and Butterfly and AJ played "Go Fish" for over an hour. Awesome education they are getting, let me tell you! ;) They also colored firetrucks and fish. We read 3 F books, including one on Father Christmas. Then we had a very long question and answer session about Father Christmas and what he does and how parents are involved. Mostly I told them that parents are able to talk to Santa and let them know what the kids want. Butterfly really wanted to know if we stayed up to help Santa eat the doughnuts we leave him. I told her if we're not tired, we might. By the end of the talk, they were both wide eyed and talking about the toys they want. Butterfly informed me today that she wants a Rainbow Bright doll. Do they even make those anymore?

I have 2 more presents to buy for Christmas and then I am done. Things are traveling to people as we speak. There is no Rainbow Bright doll in there though. I think she'll hopefully be so happy with her presents that she won't remember. I can dream, right?!

Tonight's takeout for us was pizza. I could not convince Butterfly that we should have Chinese food. I was sad! I was also sad that Professor pulled the box off the table and dumped half the pizza on the floor. Soot pounced on some of it and ended up with 2 whole pieces...lucky dog.

I did have one crazy thing I did today. I'm enjoying getting some free rentals out of the DVD rental place here in town. I decided that I needed another movie to watch and took all 3 kids to the store at dinner time to get one. Mommy needs some pampering too. If it's a free movie that she can only keep for a day, so be it!

I ended up talking to my Mom for the evening which was nice! She has to pick out her vacations for next year by next week so I've got some deciding to do. Plus, I'm going to be an aunt again! Cappy is going to be a big brother! Yay!

Safire

4 comments:

  1. I so understand the frazzled feeling. I'm glad Lego doesn't get sent on business trips anymore. I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly.

    Tell MusicMan congrats for me! That's wonderful! I think we need to call each other soon, it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A business trip sounds pretty good to me right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I can't imagine having 3 small children and being home alone. Well, as alone as you can be with 3 small children : ). I just saw your Thanksgiving pictures on Lolli's blog. Aren't friends the best? : )Hope your husband is home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your post title, I thought "Ahh! F week!" Yes, fish, friends, frazzled. It's all part of the mommy job. I think that you should just come with me to NY in August and call it a business trip. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller