Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Let It Snow!

Everyone,

A big (for this area) storm is headed our direction.  They are anticipating at least a foot of snow.  Of course, they always seem to go over the mark with these predictions and we will probably get about 8 inches.  Still, a significant storm for here.

This is also the first year since we've moved here that there will be snow anywhere near Christmas.  We have lived here 6 years now.  (Juice and I just had a huge long "discussion" about when we moved to the area and how long we've been here.  I, of course, was right.  I love this blog for proving me right.  :)  Did you know I've been blogging here for 5 years now?!)  Anyway, back to the snow.  I don't think I can remember ever having snow near Christmas in all the years we've lived here.  Since I have the last 5 Decembers on record, let's check them out.

Dec 2004:  I talk about how hot it is, over 60 degrees.  One thing that I didn't talk about was that our heater broke later that month and it was FREEZING cold.  We went to Utah for a week and a half that Christmas break and got snow there.  It also snowed late in January in 2005 but no snow for Christmas.

Dec 2005: No mention whatsoever of snow.  At all. 

Dec 2006: Ahh, the year we went downtown during Christmas break.  We carried our coats the whole trip because it was so not cold.

Dec 2007: We had our first snowfall mid month and nothing after that.

Dec 2008:  No snow.  Just a lot of rain and some really cute little kids.

So maybe this is the year we have a white Christmas?  I sure hope so!

Safire

PS- It's almost 4:15 in the afternoon and I have yet to even shower or get out of my pjs...it's been one of THOSE days.  Ugh.

7 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it's been a long day, it's actually 4:15 here and I kind of wish I'd spent the whole day in my pj's :) It was a long day in clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a pajama day here too, but I love jammy days where I don't have to do my hair or put on makeup. I didn't shower today until 7:30 this evening! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:54 AM

    I get out of my pjs in the morning most days now since we get out and about, but last winter pjs all day was the norm! I'd shower at night after Evie was in bed and put on a fresh pair :) Hope you get your full, beautiful foot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you have a white Christmas! My sister lives in Arizona and I don't know how she can stand it! I could not imagine a Christmas without snow :( And good for you for stayin' in your jammies! We all need jammie days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Saturday afternoon here now (NJ) and still no snow. Anything by you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely looks pretty, doesn't it? :) The kids are loving the snow, but boy are they cold!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller